POSITION: Senior Contract Manager
LOCATION: Laksi, Bangkok
Job Type: Permanent
Salary range: Depends on experience
Benefit: Variable Bonus, Phone allowance, Travel allowance, Group Insurance etc.
Project Management interface:
- Participates in relevant decision making forums.
- Acts as the legal contract advisor of the GPM and project’s stakeholders and proactively proposes actions and solutions.
Contract Documentation, procedures and dashboards:
- Based upon the Legal and Financial bid-phase analysis, prepare contract summary and communicate to project’s stakeholder.
- Make regular lectures of the Contract to the Project Core Team to update about contract obligations and their evolutions.
- Advise the Project team in the accurate interpretation and execution of contractual terms and conditions (Project’s commercial contract , Consortium Agreement or other agreement with partners, subcontracts…).
- Ensure that a reliable and logical filing (hard copies & electronic filing) is in place and ensures easy and quick access to all contractual documents and correspondence from/to Customers, partners and subcontractors.
- Establish and implement project specific commercial procedures and decision processes in relation with correspondences, variation requests and variation orders, claims preparation files.
- Maintain accurate contract management dashboards suitably reflecting risks, opportunities and their consequences on “financials”.
- Proactively propose or participate in implementation of risk mitigation as well as gross margin, cash and EBIT enhancement measures.
- Review the scope of works from time to time, keep updated the scope baseline in conjunction with the Project Director, work package managers, engineering / operations manager / planning.
- Continuously liaise and coordinate with the Project Partner’s with the objective to join efforts in building claims, obtaining customer’s concessions, waivers or extensions, securing VO booking, preventing litigation.
Claims, VO requests assessment, preparation and submission, disputes:
- Contractual documentation management and preparation of documentation submittal to Customer, subcontractors together with monitoring of timing of responses
- Prepare opportunity review for change/variation orders, draft and lead negotiation of the same. Ensure timely collection of all relevant records, data and information to support and draft claims.
- Be involved in project reviews and other forums in which the incumbent should be able to collect, sort out and keep record of any relevant information, facts and elements that contribute to proposing, preparing and drafting contractual claims/counterclaims (toward the Customer, partners and subcontractors).
- Supervise the follow up of all claim related actions of the various departments within the the Project.
- Represent the legal & contracts function in discussions and negotiations of commercial /contractual issues with customers, partners and subcontractors.
- Contribute in the preparation of comprehensive dispute files with subcontractors, suppliers and customers as the case may be.
- Draft and negotiate subcontracts in an effort to minimize risks (flow-down of T&Cs and contractual risks).
- Supervise and review commercial and contractual management of sub-contractors including review of contact notices, preparation of correspondence, review of applications for payment, progress, variations, claims, etc.
- From time to time and depending on the growth and size of upcoming activities in Thailand, this “bid” activity may be part of the job scope.
- In close cooperation with the capture leader and the bid management team, analyze bids and requirements, prepare T&Cs compliance matrices, risk assessment questionnaires, legal memos and pre-bid documentation (Gates).
- In this context, identify, assess and prioritize legal and commercial risks.
- Develop contractual positions and provide accurate contract interpretation of the bids and proposals terms, including correlation between contractual terms and the technical and environmental requirements.
- Liaise directly with bids & proposals team, finance, insurance, export control (where applicable) and other departments in the company and in the concerned Business Lines.
- Participate in negotiation strategies; manage the development and implementation of said strategies during contract negotiations and until execution of the commercial contract.
- With legal support where necessary, draft and negotiate contractual documents including agreements with local and foreign business partners (NDAs, MOUs, Teaming agreements, Consortium Agreements…), the customer, intended subcontractors or suppliers.
- Support finance department in implementing Intra-Group agreements.
- Ensure compliance with bid and contracts governance policies.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Law.
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in complex international engineering or high-technology environment.
- Works independently, with an efficient reporting discipline and loyalty
- Good command of spoken and written English
Please submit a brief covering letter and your updated CV which fully details your qualifications and experience including present and expected salary, availability and a recent photograph to thanakorn.a [AT SIGN] orenburg.co.th (02 233 7188 Ext. 20 or 061 760 0707)
We thank you for your interest in applying for the position and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence.
***Candidates are not required to pay a fee to use our services***
Visit our website at: www.orenburg.co.th