To formulate, advise and assist the companies in all aspects of Thailand indirect tax matters that have an impact on the businesses and operations.
POSITION: Indirect Tax Advisor
JOB TYPE: Permanent
BENEFIT: Group insurance, Fix Bonus, variable bonus and etc.
- Formulate and implement indirect tax strategies, initiatives, guidelines, controls and procedures for tax, finance and business staff to ensure company conducts business efficiently, in line with Thai indirect tax laws and practices, and in accordance with both company Group Business Principles and company Group Tax Policies
- Manage the provision of quality and timely indirect tax advice for all major Thai business transactions and projects, making recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the business objectives, while balancing between maximizing opportunities and minimising exposures
- Ensure effective management, support and implementation of any new / changes in indirect tax legislation in Thailand, including the provision of pro-active advice and information to business, project teams and other key stakeholders, as well as supporting the design, enhancement and testing of appropriate systems and processes based on standard global company practices
- Monitor, enhance, review and ensure effective controls over Thai indirect tax matters
- Ensure establishment of clear accountabilities for Thai indirect tax compliance and other processes that are performed outside the Tax Function (e.g. FO organization)
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of indirect tax returns (including any other related information, schedules etc. as required or requested by the relevant authorities) that are under the control of the Managed Indirect Tax Function and/or the business
- Ensure that all Thailand indirect tax exposures with an impact on Group Tax reporting are properly reviewed, monitored, reported and managed
- Provide support to the other indirect tax teams in the Region as and when requested
- Monitor and influence legislative developments in Thailand which have a direct tax impact on Companies in Thailand
- Represent company effectively at Government Departments and within industry and professional organisations concerning indirect tax matters in lobbying and shaping legislative and tax policy changes
- Manage the relationships with the relevant Thai tax and customs authorities
- Ensure effective management of all indirect tax queries, audits, challenges, disputes, risk reviews and other interactions with the respective Thai tax and customs authorities
- Stimulate and develop indirect tax awareness and training to the businesses and functions via indirect tax presentations, seminars, indirect tax alertness programmed and round table discussions to enable business to recognise and consider the effects of indirect tax laws in their business decisions
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or related fields
- Extensive knowledge of country indirect tax law and practice.
- Able to undertake role effectively with only a limited need for supervision.
- Recognized professional qualification and member of a recognized accounting or other relevant professional body.
- Effective communicator of complex indirect tax issues both verbally and in writing.
- Good understanding of the RDS corporate structure and governance processes.
- Effective task prioritization skills.
- Ability to evaluate indirect tax risks, balance risks with business objectives, and propose decisions that are objective, practical, technically sound and supportive of the business.
- Good negotiation skills and effective at influencing others within and outside of company Tax.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressurized situations.
- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions.
- Effective at helping to manage the relationship with the fiscal authority for the benefit of company.
Please submit a brief Cover Letter and your updated CV with full details about your qualifications and experience including current and expected salary package, notice period and a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org (098-554-4514)
Thank you for your interest in applying for the position and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence.
Candidates are not required to pay a fee to use our services.
Visit our website at: www.orenburg.co.th