POSITION: Import-Export Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary range: 30,000 THB (Up to experience)
Benefit: Fix bonus, Variable bonus, Provident fund and etc.
- Establishes strong working relationships with carrier operators and with outside carrier owners or operators.
- Contacts local company approved carriers in order to confirm availability and capacity for individual shipments.
- Provides all necessary shipment information to freight carrier and receive and record confirmation that carrier has accepted each shipment.
- Contacts the sourcing team when there is no approved carrier for a shipment, or where the approved carriers do not have capacity for a shipment.
- Monitors the status of the loading and shipment and performs track and trace activities to confirm status of shipment throughout the shipment execution process.
- Provides timely communication with carrier owners and operators, terminals, and maintains daily operational contact with clients and carriers on order/shipment information.
- Addresses service incidents and prioritizes activities and takes fast decisions to cope with a lot of variations due to – change in pick up location, bad quality of a product, denial of a customer to receive a commodity, re-routing of a travelling truck. Operates within the transport strategy and resolves day to day issues in resourceful and effective ways and provides recommendations to support improved or cost-beneficial transport movements.
- Handles and tracks claims coming from both Bus and carriers in cases of innon-compliance with the freight contracts requirements.
- Maximizes efficiencies and effectiveness by leveraging relationships with other colleagues and offices, and provides timely information to sales, customer service, operations, management and material handling providers to assist with order or shipment changes to optimizing costs and service.
- Provides information about shipment execution with the Freight Audit and Payment employees in order to help them resolve issues regarding payments, invoices, demurrages.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required
- Keeps clear track of all papers and documents proving the execution of the shipment and archives them accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field
- 2+ years in shipping industry
- Advance knowledge in MS-Excel spreadsheet data extraction
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and tasks daily
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and excellent written and verbal communication skills in another East European language highly preferred (Hungarian/Slovakian/Romanian/Polish)
Please submit a brief covering letter and your updated CV which fully details your qualifications and experience including present and expected salary, availability and a recent photograph to email@example.com (02 634 1722 Ext. 14 or 061-760-0707)
We thank you for your interest in applying for the position and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence.
***Candidates are not required to pay a fee to use our services***
Visit our website at: www.orenburg.co.th