POSITION: Import export manager
LOCATION: Saraburi, Thailand
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Range: 70,000 THB – 150,000 THB (Up to experience)
Benefit: Yearly bonus, Provident fund, Five days’ work
- Manages all aspects for global import-export operations within Thailand. Carries out global import-export operations strategy and provides oversight and control for global import-export operations in Thailand.
- Utilizing a thorough understanding of import-export compliance laws, regulations, practices and procedures, to champions and continuously improve the Thailand GTO organization and to identify and resolve significant issues with import-export operations processes at within the country. Ensures that complex import-export operations procedures are supported by proper due diligence demonstrating reasonable care.
- Approves and makes decisions on complex issues to resolve import-export compliance operations barriers while also minimizing significant import-export compliance risk. Approves complex substantive import-export compliance operations issues on procedures and makes final decisions on day-to-day activities with significant impact in the country.
- Responsible for leading and supervising the Import-export Operations team in Thailand.
- Create a collaborative and inclusive working environment to support the development of an engaged and high-performing team.
- Accountable for country’s team performance management, talent development, succession planning, workforce planning and engagement, while coaching Company’s core values. Partner with Regional/country advisory lead to foster teamwork and good communication between Global Import-export Operations Compliance and Custom advisory teams. Responsible for country budget oversight.
- Coordinates the global import-export operations efforts in support of business, enterprise and functional business plans that span across the company.
- Manages country service delivery model that benchmarks processes, service levels, tools and technology.
- Works closely with cross functional commercial management, sales, and customers to understand business drivers and develop compliant cross border solutions that add value to customers and supports business plans that impact the enterprise.
- Facilitates the timely border crossing and compliance with the regulations for transactions in Thailand.
- Collaborates with appropriate functional groups to evaluate risk exposure and process improvements; provides direction and input for next steps. Develops and maintains relationships with strategic stakeholders (e.g. import-export compliance, ports, plants, regulatory authorities, etc.) in alignment with import-export operations procedures.
- Recommends and implements process improvements in Thailand to reduce execution costs and/or increase supply chain efficiencies while maintaining customer satisfaction and meeting goals.
- Advises on process documents and ensures import-export compliance processes and detailed procedures are followed. Ensures document retention practices through RIM and GTC guidance.
- Represents the Company at a country level in obtaining the required permissions required to comply with the country government regulatory agencies in alignment with the advice and direction of appropriate functional areas.
- Develops and maintains professional relationship with the regulatory authorities within Thailand related to cross order transactions.
- Provides leadership and ownership for the systems and activities related to import-export operations in Thailand.
- Collaborates with appropriate teams/functions to facilitate the execution of the business global import-export activities, focusing on compliance with both the foreign import-export regulations and operational efficiencies.
- Minimum 5 years Import Export Compliance Experience
- Minimum 3 years Leadership and Management of a country Import Export team related specialization/ license/ certification (Broker’s license, etc.)
- Strong Knowledge in Import-export, Cross border compliance is a must
- SAP-GTS Experience
- Fluent English in both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to oversee teams in a high stress, time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development and execution of a strategy in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and interests
- Comfortable dealing with and maneuvering through ambiguity while still achieving clear objectives/requirements
SKILLS AND COMPETENCY
- Ability to plan implementation and lead the team to accomplish the vision
- Analytical and systematic thinking.
Please submit a brief covering letter and your updated CV which fully details your qualifications and experience including present and expected salary, availability and a recent photograph to
Kamolrat.firstname.lastname@example.org (02 634 1722 Ext. 16)
Thanakorn.email@example.com (02 634 1722 Ext. 13)
We thank you for your interest in applying for the position and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further correspondence.
Candidates are not required to pay a fee to use our services.
Visit our website at: www.orenburg.co.th